Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sparkle and Shine!


Happy Hump day! It's the last day of classes for me this week and I am so excited because I only have one week left of school! So, if I'm not posting as regularly it's because I'm studying my life away but I'll be trying very hard to keep up with this!

So it's day 2 of the Chrismakkuh (Christmas + Channukah = Chrismakkuh) series! Today I'm crafting up some very elegenat and easy vases that not only work for the Holidays but all year round!

Here's my inspiration for today's project!


If you have wine bottles around go ahead and use them but if not head over to your local Dollar Tree and buy a few clear vases. You can't go wrong with $1 vases to craft with!

I don't know how many of you use or have bought mod podge before but it is expensive! I found a much cheaper and easier way to get it with things you already have in your house!

So first things first we're going to learn how to make diy mod podge

DIY MOD PODGE
You will need:
  • Elmer's school glue (or any brand)
  • Water
  • Canning jar, mason jar or an old pasta sauce jar
Directions:
  1. Clean out the jar thouroughly and wipe it down with a clean towel
  2. Pour about 1/2 of the school glue into your jar
  3. Pour an equal amount of water into the jar
  4. Mix well
Now you have your very own mod podge!


Ok so let's move onto these gorgeous vases! I really love this idea because it reminds me of snow and it looks expensive but you'll be the only one who knows it cost you less than $5 to make.

SPARKLE VASE


You will need:
  • epsom salt
  • vase
  • acrylic paint (white)
  • mod podge
  • newspaper
Directions:
  1. Lay out a few sheets of newspaper
  2. Pour a generous amount of epsom salt onto the newspaper
  3. Coat your vase/wine bottle with mod podge
  4. Roll the vase into the epsom salt a few times
  5. Shake off excess
  6. Let dry overnight
Here's the finished product courtesy of Cleverly Inspired




 I'll be posting some of my own pictures as soon as the paint dries on my vases!


Have a sweet day!

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment